About Me

My photo
I'm a mom of 3 amazing boys who teach me something new every day.

Monday, December 27, 2010

New Year, New Life

The end of 2010 turned to be pretty traumatic for the boys and I. After several years of dealing with alcoholism and verbal abuse, I choose a better path for myself and my boys. God and several angels were with me on October 31st, when I managed to make the call (literally and figuratively) and leave Mark. My Patrick told me the next day he had been praying for this for 2 years and continued to pray for it in time for his birthday. Talk about a dagger through the heart. So not to get into the whole story, the boys and I have moved in with my parents and turned a normal house into utter chaos. Slowly the boys are doing better and after a couple of supervised visits with their dad, they see right through him and his family. So we are heading off on an adventure that will end on New Years day and we look to 2011 to bring us some new and interesting things. As I keep telling them 2011 has to be better than 2010. There is no place to go but up from here.
So here is wishing everyone a wonderful New Year and may 2011 be better for all of you as well.

Love,
Sherry, Patrick, Adam & Owen

No comments: