Here we sit in the middle of January already and I can't believe how fast the time has flown. The boys and I have had a lot going on and it makes things hard to keep up with. We took an end of the year trip to Minnesota to visit my friend Brandi and her family. We met 6 1/2 years ago when we joined an online website for expecting mothers. Her son is 1 day older than my Owen. Anyway, we've managed to get together a couple of time in the last 6 years. The boys had fun and I enjoyed getting together with her.
Once we got home the boys and I went to see the new Yogi Bear movie and have lunch. After which the van decided it just didn't want to run anymore. Things are still up in the air with that.
The boys started back in school on January 3rd and things went chaotic from there. With all the things they have going on, I don't have much time to think. I'm able to read with Adam 3 days a week for 30 minutes in the morning. Owen's class has work jobs and I'm able to do that 1 day a week. I every so often get a chance to substitute teach at the school as well as working cafeteria 3 days a week. I'm the den leader for Adam's cub scouts again so that is keeping me busy as well.
We are halfway through the school year and Owen is doing well in school. Adam's reading is improving and he almost has the 100 Accelerated Reading points he needs for the whole school year. He's having some trouble with math, but we are working it out. Patrick is overwhelmed with 5th grade. The amount of homework these kids bring home is crazy and there are days I feel overwhelmed as well. I think we'll survive, but not without a few tears.
The boys are excited for spring and summer this year. They've started a list of things they want to do over the summer. Zoos, Navy Pier, museums, Indiana Beach and several other places are on the list already. Since we don't have to worry about Jellystone this summer as we will no longer be going there, the world is open to opportunities for us. If we are lucky, I might even make some bible study playdates over the summer.
That's about all from us now. We are doing a lot better now that we were a few months ago and I only expect things to get better from here. As I've been told several times in the last few months, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Also, this too shall pass. Things happen for a reason and I'm pretty sure the reason for all this was a better life for the boys and I.
No comments:
Post a Comment