It's been a long week and I'm glad it's over. Though I'm sure the weekend won't be anything but choatic as well. Patrick ended up with the flu on Wednesday night, but nothing nearly as bad as Owen had. My house is a major disaster, I'm actually thinking about having the governor come over and declare us a state of emergency. I'm hoping during the craziness of the weekend, I might actually be able to put it back together. I'm also hoping (and holding my breath) to be able to get the basement painted and all the toys put back on the shelves and organized. Then maybe we can put the door on Patrick's room up and get on with life. I feel thankful for the week ending without major issues. I guess I feel that way every week. Every week that we make it through and the kids are happy and healthy is a good week.
My parents went to a wake last night for a distant relative. The poor baby was only 18 months old and died at the hand of someone who should have protected him and loved him. Mom had a hard time with it as would any mom watching a child leave this earth before their time. After talking to her on the phone I held on a little longer to hugs last night. Of course the boys, having no idea why, were like "mom, you can let go now", "mom, your are holding on to tight" and my favorite "mom, you are squeezing me." It's just a sad situation and it makes you think and hold on to the happiness a little longer (and I guess a little longer than they would have liked).
So on to the weekend we have the last soccer game for Adam and some bowling for Patrick & Adam. For the first time in 6 weeks we don't have a party to attend. I think Mark might run down to the campground solo and try to close the trailer before the water freezes. I have a feeling Patrick & I are going to be working on school work all weekend. It seems that when he misses a day of school it takes us 5 days to get it all finished. Which is why he's got to be really sick to stay home, lol.
Well I guess that's about all that's on my mind today. Oh, I talked to my Aunt Barb the other night and asked how MY baby was. Apparently we over spoiled him and now he thinks he's growing and need to eat more. I can't help it if we get excited and over indulge in the spoiling department!! His sister is doing well also. I guess it's going to be her turn soon to come stay so we can fatten her up too. Also, a quick Congrats to my cousin Angie (same family) on the birth of her baby girl. Which is why Aniyah needs to be fattened up, because new baby cousin weighs almost more than her.
Anyway, I have a few more pictures of grandparents day that some how slipped through the cracks when mom was emailing them to me. Now why wouldn't she email the picture of her with the 2 boys??? You know I'm going to put this up on the blog no matter what, Mom!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment